Saturday, December 18, 2010

Be Jolly

Oh man.

Finals are done, school is out for winter break! I can't believe we're at the end of the year already.

Anyway, today I worked and given the fact that there is one week left before Christmas, working in retail has been absolute hell. Um hello people, its about to be Christmas, can you stop being assholes FOR ONCE??? Gawd.

I only have to work Monday and then I have a week and a half off, which I absolutely cannot wait for. Its gonna be awesome :) Especially since work has been killer lately. Apparently Im not allowed to surf the web anymore when there aren't any customers so I basically have been resorting to make post it note art. I happened to find these cool pieces, I can't believe someone drew this on Post Its!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So awesome!

I got inspired and tried to make some of my own at work, but they just didnt compare. Oh well I'll have lots of time for art next semester, Im taking a depth oriented psychotherapy class, which is all about sandplay, mandalas and creativity in general. Im also going to be a TA for my art therapy class that I had last year. Yay!

So in more somber news, I heard yesterday that Captain Beefheart died. Now, I hadn't ever really listened to his stuff, I just knew he was highly influential to a lot of my favorite musicians such as PJ Harvey, and heard that his influences could be found in almost any kind of avant garde rock music out there. After reading a bit on him over at Pitchfork, I watched this interview that he did with David Letterman back in the day and concluded that Captain Beefheart was one awesome dude.



Of course now I find out about his awesomeness once he's gone. Maybe I can find some cool old vinyls, although now I bet all his stuff is going to be expensive as heck.



Is it Christmas yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment