Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm Cool, Thats How I Like My Sandwich Spread, Cool

Finally! An official music video from these guys!

(I totally stole this from someone's Vimeo account, but thats okay!!)

Sleigh Bells "Infinity Guitars" from Phil Pinto on Vimeo.



They're so badass. Especially the chick, Alexis Krauss. It makes her even cooler that we have similar hair dos. But yeah, this video is pretty much exactly what I envisioned it would be like. So coooool *fangirl*

Oh, here are some cool pictures I've found recently around the internetz

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Those are all album covers. Damn, oOoOO and Salem have some cool album art. If Im not mistaken, both of them have albums coming out next week. Can't. Wait. The last album cover is from another favorite of mine, Zola Jesus. She's so cool!

So on a rather unrelated note, while at work the other day, I was browsing through Urban Outfitter's website. And while I normally enjoy shopping at Urban Outfitters, I saw this and I just did not understand. What the hell is it?

Photobucket

Whats your name again? Granny McBoringson? I dont understand why someone would wear this, I mean unless they're someone's third wife or something (LOL). I think that secretly my parents wish I'd dress like this so that I wouldn't attract the male species. Too bad. Been there done that, ITS TOO LATE!

Hahahaha I had to try really hard to not make any Mormon/extreme Christian jokes there. Oh come on now, you know I don't have anything against third wives!

Also while on one of my streaks of boredom at work, I stumbled upon a rather interesting article on Yahoo called "How the Term 'Hipster' Lost its Swing". Its all about how marketing lately has aimed toward the more hip crowd in recent times. Yet the word 'hipster' has become a no-no because it has become one associate with more negative qualities. I actually agree, have you seen those stupid Miracle Whip commercials?



Wow, I have never felt before that I could relate so much to a jar of mayonaise. Looks like a few of those film shots were taken straight out of a San Francisco photography student with a love of Holga photography's portfolio. Also, did you see how hip that girl was at the end holding that jar of Miracle Whip? I wanna be just like her.

Here's the article for further interest:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100909/sc_livescience/howthetermhipsterlostitsswing;_ylt=AqZ4kOTZrAJfqb7I8xrhAJl0fNdF

Miracle Whip is nasty shit by the way. Fuck you and your 'own unique individual blend of spices'. Thats what Im supposed to say to describe myself, ME damn it!!!

Hah, man I can't get over that.

On a completely unrelated note, the other day on my drive to school, I attempted to sing Hyperballad by Bjork. I should not do that.



Seriously, it was all kinds of bad. I hope no one in the cars around me could hear my cat like yowling. The lesson learned is that no one can do it like Bjork without sounding like they have throat cancer. But I have to say favorite part of this video is when that guy goes all crazy intense on that snare drum in the last few seconds of the song. hahahahaha

By the way...

I know this video is a few weeks old already but I just got around to watching it and...What the hell, Nick Cave??


The only way you could be an old man and get away with a video like this as well as a song like "No Pussy Blues" is if you're Nick Cave. Seriously though, what the hell is this video? WHY? And um, random 'sumbliminal' giant erection shot? Yeahh...But you know what? You keep kickin' ass Nick Cave! Honestly Im quite fond of that song. Imma look into some Grinderman.

Anyway, Im getting hungry so I think I need to go find some noms. Cuz Im a com-nom-nomunist.
Photobucket

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment