Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Love You

Out with June, in with July.

Here's what's been going on in my art journal that I started earlier this year
Photobucket

Photobucket
I think I want to add some more to this piece, there's too much open space.

I draw a lot of hearts, its a symbol I'm very much drawn to.
(I didn't draw these but I thought they were cool)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Maybe its because growing up Catholic I was quite often exposed to religious iconography like the Sacred Heart and what not, I love all that imagery

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I drew the Virgin Mary once, I think I will again but on a bigger canvas.

Oh yeah, I found this rad tattoo on the internet the other day. I find it interesting that a lot of the imagery in it are symbols that I use in my art a lot. Collective unconscious anyone?

Photobucket

Oh Carl Jung.

Anyway, going back to all things holy, I came across this song about a week ago and have become absolutely addicted to it. It's actually a new genre emerging from the indie scene called witch core, or drag. Its dark and full of heavy beats...a good change of pace after all the bombardment of chillwave. Don't get me wrong, I love many of the chillwave artists, but I find this refreshing. 'King Night' by Salem is an excellent example of upcoming sounds


(Get the title of this post now?)

Oh yeah, and did you notice that the basic melody of this song is a choir singing 'O Holy Night'? Yeah, mad props Salem. Keep those beats coming!

-Caitlin

PS I went to San Francisco yesterday, pics from that adventure up tomorrow or the day after. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment