Sunday, October 11, 2009

the real wild things

Right now Im taking a break from my hours of studying to make this post. I have three midterms coming this next week and Im not too excited for them.

I kind of feel icky today, Ive been getting over a nasty cough so my chest and lungs hurt, and my head hurts a bit too. Then I guess there's some other stuff going on too thats bringing me down a bit. I guess I'll just have to wait it out, its the only thing you can do when it comes to things that are out of your own control.

So anyway, yesterday I went to the San Francisco zoo to go see all the animals. It was fun! I love the zoo, I could spend all day there.

Here's a monkey, he was the alpha male in his tribe of lady monkeys.
Photobucket

Baboons have colorful butts.
Photobucket

I like the facial hair this little guy rocked.
Photobucket

I dont really know what was going on, but the penguins seemed to all be yelling at eachother. (click on it, its a video!)
Photobucket

Oh hello there, Mr. Grizzly Bear
Photobucket

Kanga-kangaroos! Actually I think the grey one is a wallaby (sp?)
Photobucket

AN OWL! He was intense, man. There were 3 other ones but since it was daytime they were all sleeping.
Photobucket

I made some new friends in the petting zoo. I think they only wanted me to buy them some food though.
Photobucket

Apparently Im also a male peacock.
Photobucket

So yeah, those are some of my favorites. There were lots of other animals of course, but how can you get animals to pose in order for a good picture to be taken? You could yell at them, but that might possibly end up like the situation about 2 years ago with the tiger at the SF zoo. Also, there was this little antelope thing called a dik-dik we really wanted to see. We found him off in the bushes eating but couldnt see him very well, so that was kind of sad. It was a small dik-dik. Lollerskates!

Anyway, back to studying and feeling like poo.

-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment